31 August 2010

Don't you forget about me - like you did the yard...

Well we got a bit of good news today.  We had to sign up for COBRA insurance (so named for it's deadly effect on your bank account), so we went over to Beckwood, where I worked until a couple of weeks ago.  We've been dreading doing that, because it does cost so much!  We got there, and when we handed the gal our check, she said it was way too much - we had misunderstood the amount we had to pay as written in the information packet I received, so we "saved" a couple hundred clams!  Well, we didn't really save, because if I had a friggin' job with benefits I would hardly have to pay anything.  I guess "save" is a relative term here.  :-)

So after that we came on home, did some things around the house, dorked around on the internet here looking at some more jobs and such, and I watched a movie about 4 independent movie makers jointly making a documentary about the impact John Hughes had on modern movies, and their quest to find Hughes for an interview. 

Jenny wasn't feeling too hot, and didn't know why, until we heard that there was going to be thunderstorms.  I knew that I wouldn't have any more chances to mow the yard before we leave town to go to Chicago Friday, so I beat it outside and started mowing.  At least it's outta the way now, and I don't have to worry about doing it in the morning!

In honor of the "saving" of the money, and the mowing of the yard, I decided to do another green stroke this evening.  I've just been on a bit of a green kick lately.  Maybe something will come of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment