05 August 2010

A bunny with a pancake on it's head...


People, I've got no idea what to talk about today.  My mind, for some reason, is a complete blank (quiet, you - there will be no "empty head" jokes!).  It was a really up and down day - started out kinda "blah", because it was so darned hot, and a couple of my co-workers had commandeered my fan before I got there this morning.  After I wrangled it back, I cooled off a little (literally) and my mood definitely elevated.  I was having a pretty good day, and then I heard about the big bus/truck/car accident  on east-bound Interstate 44.  A bunch of students from a high school in St. James, MO, were on their way to Six Flags when they were caught in a big chain reaction accident.  One of the guys I work with lives down that way, and he took off pretty quickly after he heard about it to make sure his kids were okay (they were).
After that, it was just kind of a heavy day, but I kept my spirits up for the most part.  Music had a lot to do with that - gotta listen to fun stuff that reminds me of fun times!

I decided that today, since I couldn't really think of a whole lot, that I'd maybe start trying to shape some things here and there on the painting.  While I'm doing this, I don't think I'll say what I'm seeing in the picture, I'll let you decide what things look like. 

Today's stroke is a light blue/grey-ish kinda thing.  It really said "melancholy" to me, and that's exactly how I've felt today.  Not in a bad mood, just kinda...blah.  But getting better!  Here's one of the songs that helped to elevate my mood: Take it away, Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment