25 August 2010

Stronger than dirt!!!

That wife of mine is working me to death!  I've gotta get a job somewhere just so's I can maybe get a little rest!  :-)  JUST KIDDING, BABY!  You know I love ya - gotta give you crap!

We were busy as all get-out today, though.  We got a lot accomplished, though.  I've almost finished the closet doors (need more urethane), we went through all of our clothes to see what we could get rid of, whether by donating it to charity or simply trashing it, we hung up a couple of pictures in the bedroom that we've been meaning to hang for a few months now, and Jenny painted the floor of our bedroom closet a nice light blue.  It was a deep, almost barn-type red, and it just needed something different.  The blue really lightens it up, too.  It'll look really good once I've completely finished the doors and re-hung them up there.  The bedroom might just finally be done after 6 years!

Today was a great day to get things done, though, simply because of the weather.  It was just gorgeous out there!  I didn't even have to bring a fan out to the garage when I worked.  We're coming up on Jenny's favorite time of the year: Autumn.  She lives for the fall!  She loves nothing more than temperatures in the 60s and 70s, and just all of the leaves turning and falling off - well, not so much the falling off part, because that means we have to rake 'em up.  We're not such big fans of that part.   The leaves off of our actual trees aren't so bad anymore, but we have the privelidge of raking up all of the leaves from the dude across the street, who just leaves them lay, or if he does rake, rakes them into the sewer ditch, clogging up the drain, and forcing all of the remaining leaves to once again come right over into our yard.  Joy. 

Anyway, today's stroke is a nice little orange with a hint of red, just for Jenny and her upcoming autumn.  Here in about a month, she'll be snug as a bug in a rug.  Except for the fact that she hates bugs.  I guess I'll just say that she'll be happy as a clam.  Except that she won't eat clams.  I just can't win.  Jenny loves the fall.  That is all.  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment