28 August 2010

My mind's such a sweet thing/ I wanna do everything/ What a beautiful feeling'...

Well, I've gotta tell ya, kids, there really ain't a lot to talk about today!  I woke up way too early, went down stairs - Jenny followed me down.  We started looking at job stuff for her online, and I, having woken up way too early for my stupid internal clock, promptly went to sleep for an hour or so. 

When I finally woke up, she had been quite busy, applying for about 8 jobs!  That's no easy feat these days, either - you've gotta upload your resume, then you have to pretty much do it all over again line by line on their application site online.  Yeah, welcome to The Redundancy Department Of Redundancy.  God Bless the Corporate States of America (TM).  :-/

After that we just went out and finished up cleaning and detailing our cars - they're all sparkly and shiny and stuff now!  Love it!  We should really do that more often - we just don't. 

Jen got cleaned up and went out to her mom's house for a little "girl's night" action, and I just stayed around here, doing some painting.  I was pretty happy with what I did, really.  I just wanted to mess around a little with the Clear Tar Gel, and this is what I came up with:


As far as tonight's stroke, I really, honestly, had nothing in mind - by the time I'd gotten done with the other piece my mind was on everything BUT my blog, so I just reached into the big ol' bag o' paints and grabbed the Alizarin Crimson, and swiped a little bit across the upper right corner.  For some reason that corner was just calling my name.  And there you have it. I will now upload these pictures, hit the "publish post" button, and start a movie.  I think I'll watch "The Crow" this evening.  I haven't seen that in probably 15 years.  I used to love it - just never bought it on DVD.  Ya gotta love the St. Louis County Library!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Cool picture!!!!! I have to wonder sometimes what is going on in my boy's head :)
    Lub.

    ReplyDelete