22 August 2010

Scaramouche, Scaramouche - won't you *please* do that crazy fandango?

Man, did we have a great time this evening!  Such a great time, in fact, that I'm writing just a really quick entry tonight, because 1) I've gotta get to bed because I've gotta be up early in the morning, and 2) it's almost midnight, and I've got to try to be on time here, ya know! :-)

We went over to our friends Carrie and Jeff's house for a little grillin' time.  We had some awesome steak and chicken, corn, salad, etc.  After that, we talked a while, then decided to play a game or two.  They've got one of those fancy Playstation machines that hooks up to the intarwebs.  Last time we were there we played "Scene It", and I kicked all sortsa butt!  I guess they were afraid of a repeat butt-kickin', so this time we started out with a friendly little game of "Trivial Pursuit".  Jeff and I took on our lovely brides, and barely - barely won, after about 47 tie breakers!

After that they wanted to show us this other game they had called "Sing Star", which is kinda like the vocal version of "Guitar Hero".  I've got no interest in the Guitar Hero, because since I play guitar, and I know a lot of the songs, I can't make my brain simply follow along with the dots and stuff - I'd rather just play the song on a real guitar.  This game, however, I was somewhat interested in because I knew that I was among friends who didn't care if I sounded like a strangled cat, and I didn't have to push any dern buttons in time with any blue or red dots on the screen!

We started off doing some old school rap, and then graduated to some Billy Joel (I nailed "Piano Man", which Jeff had bragged about being the best at all night! :-D)  The piece du resistance, though, was Jeff's and my version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", which, of course, was completely awful.  I'm pretty sure Freddie Mercury is halfway to China from all the spinning he did in his grave!

Anyway, my voice is shot, my cheekbones are sore from laughing, and I'm about to fall asleep, but I wanted to come home and do my blog real quick, so here it is, and there's a nice little swatch of green, in honor of the color of the wedge that won the Trivial Pursuit game for Jeff and me!  It's so great to have good friends who can take your mind off of the "not-so-good" stuff in your life, even if just for an evening!  Well, G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment