07 August 2010

The green green grass of home...

Back in college, in St. Joseph's dorm, we had a pool table down in the common area.  We spent a good amount of time down there, so I actually got to be a pretty decent player.   There was always a good deal of trash talk going on, too.  One of my favorites was (when trying to shoot the entire length of the table) telling the shooter,"That's a lot of green there, Arnie!"  Every once in a while you could really get inside their head, and they'd mess the shot up. 

Green has been a big part of my day today, actually.  I went to painting class this morning, and, after I finished up the first of two paintings of the Sailboat Bridge in Grove, OK (which was very intricate), I decided I wanted to just let go, slap some paint onto a canvas, and just go to town with a palette knife.  I started out with some yellow, but then I grabbed my green and slathered a bunch on there.  At that point I decided what I wanted to make it a very abstract picture of a sunset, while looking out the side window of a car, driving by. 

After I got home, Jenny and I rolled a bunch of coins into wrappers to take to the bank.  More green.  Then we remembered it was "no-tax" weekend for school supplies and things, and we need a new computer like flowers need rain, so we went on down to Best Buy to look around.  We found one we kinda like, but we wanted to make sure we're doing the right thing, so we decided to go back tomorrow to actually get it.  That's a lot more green, lemme tell ya!  We'll see tomorrow if we definitely get it or not!

Tonight, for all the green that pervaded my every move, I have put a green stroke .  Too bad I can't just draw myself some real green to be able to grab that computer!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment