22 August 2010

We're so bad we know we're good. Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.

It may just be the urethane talking, but man, am I tired!  After being up 'til after midnight last night, I got up early this morning and went over to the church to do my Sunday mornin' rockin'.   I didn't have my normal "church buddy" to sit by, though, because Jenny was up in Hannibal,MO, for a family reunion.  Most of her family on her mom's father's side live up there in or around Hannibal.  I went up last year, but I had already committed to playing this weekend, so I couldn't go.  I would like to go up there one of these days and spend some time visiting all of the historic sites.

After church I came on home and fixed something to eat and watched most of the Cards/Giants game (we won 9-0!), and then figured I'd better be productive, so I went back out to the garage to listen to the rest of the game and to work on sanding and finishing those closet doors again.  I got a lot done today, really!  I think I may be able to completely finish them in the next couple of days.  What helped me a lot to work was the music.  I always grab a handful of records to listen to every time I go out there.  It was "1973 Day".  First I listened to "Montrose", then Led Zeppelin's "Houses Of The Holy", and finally Pink Floyd's classic "Dark Side Of The Moon" - all recorded the year of my birth.  "Houses" and "DSOTM" are two of my favorite albums of all time, so I think that really helped me to work more efficiently.  Either that or the fumes got to me and I thought I was doing a better job than I really was.  Dunno. 

All I know is I'm really tired now - it was so hot, and I didn't have a fan.  I did drink plenty of water, though.  Still my clothes were absolutely soaked through when I came back inside. 

After that I just grabbed a shower and a bit of dinner, and now I'm just finishing up this blog and watching the Minnesota/San Fransisco football game.  In fact my stroke this evening is a burgundy/gold stripe - a tribute to the "Niners", who I liked back in the 80s with Joe Montana, and now I like Mike Singletary, their coach, and star of the 1985 hit song "The Super Bowl Shuffle".    Ahhh, Jim McMahon rapping.  Now that was awesome music (Disclaimer: that was not awesome music!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment