12 August 2010

All I ever wanted, had to get away...

Vacation.  One of the greatest words in the English language.  I just love to say it: VACATION!  Although, I suppose if we were truly speaking proper English, the "Queen's English", it would be "holiday". 

I ended up having a few days of vacation left that I had to use before my anniversary date at work, so I'm off today, tomorrow, and Monday - 5 day weekend, baybee!

It's been awesome, too, doing all the things I never get to do: last night I stayed up watching Letterman and Craig Ferguson, even had a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream at midnight!  Jenny and I slept in, then just laid in bed relaxing and listening to NPR until about 10 or so.  After that we just hem-hawed around and  went to the grocery store, but other than that, not a whole lot else; maybe just a little cleaning - we're trying to straighten up the back room a bit to make room for the new computer (yay!).  

My mom ended up making a spur-of-the-moment trip up here to see my lovely niece, Savannah, so Jenny and I went over to Erica and Keith's house for a little BBQ and SavannahSlobbers (tm).

I'd say that the only thing that I didn't care for today was the weather - it was about 100° again, and the air quality was orange (hence tonight's stroke), meaning allergies were through the roof and it's harder to breathe, so that was fun.  :-/  But, countering that was the fact that I'M ON VACATION, IN THE A/C!  Everything's gonna be fine! :-D  

Tomorrow: more of the same nothingness!

No comments:

Post a Comment