20 August 2010

I want my two dollars!!

Today it's just grey out.  We didn't really get any rain here (although apparently the Festival of the Little Hills up in St. Charles got hammered big time!), but it was just cloudy all day.  Despite that, and the obvious stuff on my mind, I stayed in a relatively decent mood.  Jenny and I got up pretty early, actually - a lot earlier than I thought I would after being up 'til midnight last night!  I woke up and wanted to go back to sleep, but as soon as my mind realized I was awake it just turned on and I just started thinking about all the job crap again.  Not good. 

So, I came downstairs and just got right on the ol' computer here and started the big search.  I worked for a few hours, then got up and let Jenny have some "search time".  While I was resting, I decided to watch an old 80s movie, "Better Off Dead".  I hadn't seen that in years, and I found it a while back at Target or something really cheeep, so I picked it up, but haven't had the time to watch until this morning.  It really is cheesy, but I think it's hilarious - it's kinda like the winter version of "One Crazy Summer", also starring John Cusack.

After the movie, though, it was right back to the grind.  I found a couple of things and applied for them.  I tell you what, though, the way they've got these online applications set up is stupid!  You've got to upload your resume, and then put in all of the exact same information on their application!  You're literally doing everything twice!  Who were the ad wizards who came up with that?

People, I'm sick of looking at a computer screen, so I'll tell you that I just mixed up kind of a medium-dark grey, a little on the purple side, with just a slight touch of yellow, just to warm it up a bit.  They just all happened to be there right next to each other on my palette, and it reminded me of the nasty-looking clouds and stuff outside.  I actually just heard that they ended up cancelling that festival up in St. Chuck and hurried everyone home.  Well, I guess a little rain won't hurt us - just keep that strong wind away from us!  I don't wanna wake up with a tree limb tickling my nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment