11 August 2010

Whew! What a relief!

About 5 years ago, Jenny and I went down to the South County Honda dealer and traded in my old Mitsubishi Eclipse (or "The Rolls", as in Rolls Royce, which is what the dealer called the Eclipse, because of the shape it was in - sun roof sealed shut due to leakage, windows didn't roll down, air conditioner didn't work, etc.) on my very first brand new car: a 2005 Honda Element. 

Tomorrow marks a very important occasion:  the final payment!  We're so excited!  I still love the car so much, so I'm sorry, Mr. Car Salesman down at the Honda dealer, I did get your email, and as tempting as it might seem, I must pass on the whole "trading in for another new car" thing.  Ain't no way in hell I'm gonna take on another payment!  Jenny and I both drive Hondas - hers is just a year older than mine - and we're gonna drive both of these things until they won't drive no mo'!

I figured I would pay tribute to my awesome little soon-to-be-paid-off car tonight with a nice little blue stroke, trying to mix it up to look like the actual color.   I forgot, however, that my "stay-wet palette" was maybe a bit too wet, and also I keep it in the little dorm fridge out here in the back room, so there's a lot of condensation, and it made my paint really watery when I mixed it up.  Oh, well, you still get the idea, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment