08 August 2010

ARE YOU READY?!?!?

It's time, folks!  Tonight is the first night of FOOTBALL!!!!!  As you know, I love me some football.  Baseball's still my favorite, but I'm ready for some football again!   It's not regular season - not even pre-season, just the "Hall Of Fame Game" - the Dallas Cowboys (BOOOOOOOO!!!! "America's Team" my butt!) vs. the Cincinnati Bengals ("meh", but better than the Cowboys!) - but it's still football, and I'll take it!

I never really paid much attention to football (or any sport, really) growing up - I was too busy listening to heavy metal and discovering the wonderful world of women!  It wasn't really until I got up here and the Rams started getting really good about 10-11 years ago that I really started paying attention.   Even then, it was just sporadic; just a few Rams games here and there.  It wasn't until about 5 years ago that I really started watching - until Jenny became a "semi-football-widow"! :-)  I actually watch a lot more college ball than I do NFL.  College kids want it more - they're hungrier, and the games are better.  Can't wait for college season to start!

I am, however, really anxious to see how my boy, Sam Bradford, does this year as the new quarterback for the Rams.   He really was an awesome QB at the University of Oklahoma, which is my favorite college team (yes, along with Mizzou - I'm always torn when they play each other).  What I'm interested to see, though, is how well he plays after being off the better part of a year - he was badly injured in the first game of the season (stupid BYU!), out for 3 weeks, then re-injured it during the Red River Rivalry game vs. Texas (stupid Longhorns!  /''\ ), ending his season.  Hopefully the Rams have got an offensive line to protect him - they paid friggin' $78 million for the kid! 

Anyway, the stroke tonight is kind of a green with just a little hint of yellow in it.  It's the color of the football field up there in Cincinnati, where they're playing tonight.  And now I will end this blog, so I can watch the rest of the game.  GOOOOOOOO ANYONE BUT THE COWBOYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment