04 August 2010

A quiche - er, I mean a quickie...

Ooooh, it's a quick one today, folks!  After work, Jenny and I ended up going up to Alton, IL (a good 45 minutes away) to a little mom and pop grocery store which is famous for their bratwurst.  We've been meaning to go up there for quite a while, and Jenny just wanted to take a drive, so off we went.  We picked up a buncha brats, and took some out to her mom.  Then we decided we were hungry, so it was off to the Lazy River Grill for some awesome walleye.  We lost track of time a bit, and then realized I needed to get home to get ready for class, so here I am - with very little time to spare!

So today's stroke is a tiny one, for the tiny amount of time I had to finish it!  :-)    I did a nice little light blue/white stroke to symbolize something cold - it even almost looks like some ice crystals over on the right where the glass beads are!  That's what we need right now: a little cold.  It was over 100° again today!  Miserable!  St. Louis is too extreme weatherwise - we all gripe about the extreme bitter cold in the winter, then summer comes along and we gripe about the intense heat and humidity.  I think I need to move to San Diego.  :-)

By the way, the headline is for my sisters, Katie and Jo Beth.  I don't expect anyone else to get the reference - maybe I'll explain it sometime, but right now, I've gotta skedaddle!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment