03 August 2010

Where's Johnny Carson when you need him?

How ya doin', folks?  Me?  I'm damn near ready to crawl inside the freezer.  Man, is it hot today!  I don't have any way of knowing how hot it was in the warehouse, and I don't know if I want to know.  I do know that it was 100° outside, with a heat index of around 112°.  There's not a whole lot of air moving in the warehouse, and definitely no air conditioning, so I'd say you could probably add a few more degrees onto that.  And tomorrow's supposed to be just as bad.  Wonder if I should use some of my remaining hours of vacation.  :-)  I've gotta use it up in the next 2 weeks, anyway.  I just may entertain that thought for a minute. 

I tried looking on Youtube for some old Carson footage of him doing the whole "How hot is it?" schtick with ol' Ed McMahon.  Couldn't find any though, so here's his buddy Dave Letterman doing something else with the heat.   I also looked for a clip of one of my favorite comedians, Bobcat Goldthwait, who did his own take on it - when the crowd came back at him with the usual, "How hot is it?" he just growled back, "It's really hot - I don't have a joke for everything, ya know?!?"  

Those clips are probably on there somewhere, I just don't have the time to look for it right now - I'm going over to my buddy Dan's house for Free Dirt practice.  YAY!   We're doing another show, this time in Illinois (Belleville, I think).  A few years ago some dude was making an independent film and asked if he could use some of our music for it.  I totally forgot about it - I think we all did - and then we got an email from him saying that the movie was getting ready to come out, and would we want to play at the premiere.  Sho 'nuf!  So,  the Dirt Boys ride again!  Yee Haw!

So anyway, I gathered three of the hottest looking colors I had, red, orange and yellow, and just slathered 'em on here this evening - I covered a good chunk, cuz it's just really that hot out.  Now I'm gonna go sweat.  And rock.  And sweat some more.  I may just lose a few pounds tonight!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment