26 August 2010

Samoans: not just Girl Scout cookies!

Jenny loves Hawaiians and Samoans - at least she loves to say their names: Pisa Tinoisamoa, Brandon Manumaleuna, Troy Polamalu, Lofa Tatupu,  Matthew McConaughey (okay, so that last one wasn't a player, but she used to see him on the sidelines at the Texas games, and she thinks he's hot.  That's why she roots for Texas. Stupid Texas!).  Now she's got a new one to say on the Rams team - Michael Hoomanawanui.  Hey, that is fun to say!  Hoomanawanui.  Hoomanawanui.  HOOMANAWANUI!!!  Just try it!  :-)

We got a treat tonight: watching the 3rd Rams preseason game versus the New England Patriots (BOOO!!!) we got to see my guy, Sam Bradford, tear it up, leading to a big victory (okay, it was 36-35, but New England was playing tough, so that was a big win!).  For those of you who don't know, I'm a big Oklahoma fan (hence the Texas hate), and I was so-o-o-o-o-o-o happy when the Rams drafted him as a quarterback!  I didn't know how he was gonna do here, because the last several years - oh, okay, decade(!) - the Rams haven't exactly been known for having an offensive line that could actually protect it's quarterback.  There's a reason that Marc Bulger screams like a little girl every time he hears the word "HUT!" - even if he's the one saying it! :-)

The first couple of preseason games didn't look to promising for old Sammy - he got beat up a bit, and I was pretty nervous that it might be more of the same, but tonight the O-line stepped up and fought for the man.  I didn't get to see the whole game, but from what I did see it didn't look like he spent any time on the ground, so that's good. 

Anyway, in honor of our big V tonight, I give you the Rams uniform colors - blue and yellow. Okay they're the old school colors from the LA days, but that's only because I didn't have a good dark blue to go with the gold.  Oh, well.  I'm gonna go practice saying fun Hawaiian names.   Aloha kãkou!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment