15 August 2010

That Old Funky Cross...

This morning Rooftop Community Church got a special treat.  While they were taking communion, Paul, Aaron and I played an old Dixieland dirge-type version of "The Old Rugged Cross", with Aaron (far left in this pic with his main band, the Funky Butt Brass Band) taking the lead on trombone.  Man, did it sound hot!  First service gave us a round of applause - AFTER COMMUNION!  How often does that happen? :-)  2nd service was a little more subdued, but we got word that there were many in the congregation that were actually moved to tears.  Aaron is the man!  He sounded so good that Paul and I just kinda kicked back and let him wail!

After that, Jenny and I went out to her mom's place again so I could try to bring her computer back from the intensive care unit.  She had so much crap, and so much malware on there it was just running slower than Christmas!  I updated her anti-virus software and some other stuff, and I think I did some good - seemed like it was running a lot better, so that made me happy.  I would have been a lot happier, but I was also watching the Cards game, and they were looking like a little league team playing the Cubs.  Wow, was the pitching horrible today!

I got a call later on, actually while I was working on this blog this evening, from my best friend, Brian.  We'd been wanting to get together for quite a while, and both of us love movies, so we went to go see "Dinner With Schmucks".  I tell you what, this was honestly one of the funniest movies I've seen in friggin' *years*!  Just one laugh after another - and not just chuckles, we're talking full-on belly laughs!  I'm sure there were several people around us that were sick of hearing us laugh (I'm not one to hold back if I find something really funny)!

Tonight's stroke is a light blue - the color of Steve Carell's jacket in the movie "Dinner For Schmucks".  Man, was that guy hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment