02 August 2010

Feelin' like a wet noodle...

I am sooooooo relaxed right now.  Jenny and I just got back from having full body massages.  For our birthday, Carla bought us gift certificates  to Anthem College, where massage therapists do all of their practicing after they get through with all of the schoolin' part.  I've been there a few times now, and this was by far the best one. 

There were all of these posters on the wall, and shelves full of books, all about meditation and zen and the Dalai Lama.  This made me think of those Japanese rock gardens, which I love - the Japanese Garden in the St. Louis Botanical Garden is, along with the Climatron (also in the B.G.) my favorite place in all of St. Louis.  It is just so quiet, so serene - just a great place to sit and relax.

Since I was thinking about the rock garden, I thought I'd try something new.  I wanted to do my stroke with a comb, but I didn't have one (that I could screw up with paint, at least), so I just found a toothbrush that had ridges on it and dragged it across some Unbleached Titanium (sand-colored) paint.  It wasn't until I started writing this that I realized that I could have actually mixed it with some actual sand.  Oh, well - maybe next time.  Well, then again,  maybe not.  I probably won't be thinking about sand again tomorrow.  But if I am, you bet yer butt I'm gonna use the sand!

Right now, however, I'm gonna do some more relaxing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment