01 September 2010

I suddenly feel like shrieking,"IT'S LIKE RAY-EE-AAAAAYYYYNN!!!!"

It's a really good thing I did go out to mow the yard last night instead of waiting 'til this morning.  I woke up a little after 6 a.m., and the rain was just coming down!  I guess it had been for quite a while, too - it looked like the ground was pretty well soaked.  It really hasn't stopped at all the whole day, either.  I guess we needed it, though.  As long as there's no rain this weekend up there in Chicago I'll be fine!   We don't want any "Alanis Morissette" moments for Jo Beth's wedding!

As I was doing my usual search on the ol' YouTubes for fun stuff to link to I ran across a couple of interesting things that I'd never heard.  One was a song called "Rain" by Ryuichi Sakamoto.  It was an instrumental piece - a modern classical composition, if you will - and although there were no lyrics, you could close your eyes and just imagine that this could be the soundtrack if you were running around town in the rain trying to get some errands done.  Another "Rain" song was by Patty Griffin.  I had heard of her, and heard a few of her tunes, but definitely wasn't familiar with this song.  I think it's beautiful, but wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear right now. 

Another song that I thought of has nothing to do with rain.  I have the album, but I swear I heard it on a commercial on the teevee.  The commercial, for what I have no recollection whatsoever, showed a car driving down the street with the song in the background, and the windshield wipers were in time with the beat of the song.   Maybe it just happened in my mind.  Either way I think of driving in the rain every time I hear it. 

The last song I'll share with you today is probably the first one I should have posted in the first place.  It's by a little-known group from England, who, according to their guitar player, invented MTV (not sure if he'd be so proud of that fact if he were around today to see the crap they're playing!). 

Anyway, for today's stroke I put down a little swatch of the glass beads.  It may look kinda strange right now, because of the medium being white, but once it dries over the grey/blue, I'm hoping it looks like what I'm seeing outside my window right now.  And no, I don't mean the Bee Girl.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment