02 September 2010

WHIZZZZZZ!

I don't know if I'm seeing things, or if I have malaria, or what.  All I'm seeing right now is flashes of grey. Bam!  There it goes again!

Jenny and I are gathering things up and cleaning - getting ready for the big trip up to Chicago this weekend.  She loves to have the house all nice and spiffy so "we" don't have to worry about doing any cleaning when we get back.  Right.  Like I would be worried about that.  :-D  Nonetheless, we are cleaning.  It's early - well at least early as far as when I usually do my blog; we just got up a little while ago, so we're still doing the PJ thing, and her PJs happen to be grey, hence the flashes I've been seeing.  That girl works faster than anyone I've ever seen.  I swear sometimes she's got a vial of crack hidden somewhere!  Whooosh!  There she goes again!

I've been to Chicago 5 or 6 times, but I've never gotten to see anything; I've always gone up with bands, so I drove up there, played my show, and drove right back - sometimes literally being up for 24 hours straight just to do it.  I've driven down Lake Shore Drive at 3 a.m., and that is pretty, but I really want to see some stuff this time - all the things you've seen in the movies, Wrigley Field (as much as I hate the Cubbies, the field is a piece of history!) the Sears Tower (or whatever they're calling it these days), Navy Pier, etc.  Most of that stuff probably costs an arm and a leg, though, and you know we're broke, so what I'll most likely do is map out a list of places where John Hughes shot his teen movies (Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Sixteen Candles, etc.). 

Anyway, in honor of my lovely wife's choice of wardrobe, and the fact that it's still nasty and grey outside (I sure hope that goes away before we travel!), I give you GREY!

No comments:

Post a Comment