06 September 2010

Runnin' down this rocky road...

Well holy crap, I've run outta sisters to marry off!  Today was a great day.  We started it off (Katie, Atala, Erica, Keith, and myself) taking a little trip down to Chinatown here in Chicago.  As soon as the train pulled up to the stop I looked out at the surrounding area and immediately saw a restaurant called "Tasty City", and I knew I was in the right place. 

It was extremely cool, though - to get into "Chinatown Proper", you walked through a huge pagoda (which said "Welcome to Chinatown", just in case you didn't know where you were) and you were instantaneously transported to China!  I'd been to Chinatown in New York before, so I knew what to expect, but it still amazes me that it is literally this whole other culture right in the middle of the city!  It's almost as if Chicago doesn't exist! 

We went to a place simply called "China Cafe", which Keith had been to several times.  We knew it was a great place to get great food because we were the only non-Chinese people there! :-)  We ate our share of dim sum and then hit a couple of little trinket and art shops on the way back, seeing everything from beautiful silk dresses to little Bruce Lee statues (which I was eying very hard - who couldn't use a Bruce Lee statue on their kitchen counter?)

So we made our way back "home" and got ready for the main event: Jo Beth's wedding.  It was really a beautiful thing, despite how nervous I was about playing.  I had practiced quite a bit yesterday and this morning, and I was pretty comfortable playing the stuff, but then as I started playing I realized that the place was full of guitarists, and then I got really nervous, thinking that they'd be judging my every note, and so my hands were just shaking to beat the band!  Everyone said I did okay, though, so I can live with that. 

We got 'em all married off, and everyone seemed happy as a clam - even Grandpa.  We took him back to the house, turned on a baseball game, and fed him a couple of Jenny's cupcakes, and he was a happy man. 

Everything else seems to have gone off without a hitch for the most part and we've got a lot of happy people out there, so my work (and Jenny's) is done here.  We'll leave tomorrow, after seeing some of the sites around town.  I have to have my picture taken in front of Wrigley Field giving the "thumbs down" sign.  It's just something I have to do.  :-)

Today's stroke is for the colors in the big wedding: black and a burgundy-ish kinda red.  Jo Beth was going for an "old Hollywood" kinda vibe, and those particular colors were a big part.  Everyone looked absolutely stunning!

I would, however, like to take this opportunity to welcome the newest member of our family, Robert.  May you and Jo Beth live a long and loving life together.  Rawk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment