11 September 2010

Getting there...with a little help from the churro lady...

So 5 a.m. came around this morning, and for some reason my body decided it should go into a coughing fit.  Great.  So I got up, went downstairs, and had a swallow of the Walgreens version of Robutussin to see if that might stop it.  It did, but after I got back upstairs I was just laying there, wide-eyed.  Once again, great.  I layed there for a little while and realized that there would be no more sleep, so I just got back up and went downstairs so as not to disturb Jenny's slumber.

I messed around on the Facebook for a little while, then did some painting, and then when I figured Jenny would be waking up, showered and shaved.  Yay for cleanliness!  I did feel a bit better, though.  "The Sickness" seems to have moved back north, though, from my chest to my head today.  I'm guessing a lot of it is due to the allergies and weather, though - it's just plain nasty out.  Right now my eyes are just burning!

After Jenny woke up we drove her brother and his wife down to Soulard for an event, then on the way back we had to stop by the big Hispanic Festival.  We go every year.  It's so much fun to just walk around, listening to the different Latin bands and looking at all of the really great handmade clothing.  Oh, and, of course the food!  The food is awesome!  I love food from south of the border to begin with.  El Maguey is one of my favorite restaurants of all time! 

Besides Mexican food, though, there is food from Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and other places in Central and South America.  Some of it is similar, but there are subtle differences in the way they're made, and it's all really great.  Especially this one place.  I can't remember the name of it, but it's run by the family of one of Jim and Kari's good friends, Adrian.  We make sure to go to their stand every year for their sopes.  Man, are they awesome!  We topped off the lunch with a churro.  That was just plain fantastic!  Then it started raining, and besides, I was just worn out - my body's just not over "The Sickness" just yet. 

Anyway, today's stroke is green, for [part of] the Mexican flag.  I thought about doing the whole green, white, and red, but I figured there was enough red on there for right now.   It actually ended up being darker than I thought, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment