23 September 2010

It's Dave's Big Music-Link-O-Rama!

Well, I think it's time for a musical blog entry, good people!  Today I've run the gamut of musical genres - I've listened to Phil Collins, Boys II Men, Jesus Jones, Spacehog, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Steve Vai, Natalie Cole, Beethoven, Gap Band, ZZ Top, Frank Zappa, and even Michael Buble (that one wasn't by choice - Jenny happens to like him and had his CD playing in the other room when I walked through.  I immediately had to throw on some Slayer to cleanse my eardrums :-D).

As you all know, music is pretty much tantamount to breathing to me.  I love to listen to it, write it, and especially play it!  Last night I had band practice with this new cover band I'm playing with, tonight I practiced with the church band, tomorrow I've got another practice with the cover band, then Saturday I've got my first gig with them, down at Growler's Pub for a charity event.  Sunday I play in church again.  I'm really looking forward to that - I haven't gotten to play drums a lot lately, so it's nice to bang a little bit again!

So now it's time to draw a close to the big "Link-O-Rama", which really has nothing to do with this painting, other than that it inspired me to make a bright pink stroke in honor of Steve Vai's heart-shaped triple-neck guitar that he played on David Lee Roth's "Skyscraper" tour.  Now you have lots of music to listen to - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment