20 September 2010

Ambrose Hsu > Brandon Walsh

We wanted to get so much more done today, but I guess things just don't always go as planned.  We wanted to go biking, run some errands, and get some other stuff done, but things changed:  we had to run out to the Westport area to pick up a key, then run out to Jenny's mom's house to let her in.  She had just gotten a brand new door, and thought she had put the new key on her chain, but had grabbed the wrong key.  Oops!

It was really no biggie, though.  We just kind of had a relaxing drive around the county, then ran some of the errands we needed to run, then came home. 

Jenny's going to have her first "showcase" of her baked goods, dresses, cards and invitations, as well as pictures of all of the events that she's planned and put together.  It will be over at Fontbonne University, our alma mater.  It will be during the annual reunion weekend (it will be my 15-year reunion).  They are having a whole section on Saturday dedicated to Fontbonne alums who own their own businesses, so Carrie, the director of alumni there contacted Jenny to invite her to "show off her wares", knowing that Jen did all of this creative stuff.  Woo hoo!

Anyway, some of the stationery Jenny is working on will use some of my artwork, too.  She asked if I would be so kind as to paint some nice little landscapes, maybe some flowers and such, and what was I gonna say - "no"?  Yeah, that would be the wrong answer.  :-)  You know I'll do it in a heartbeat - anything for my baby! It gives me a chance to work on my technique, and to work on a little-bitty canvas: only 2 1/2" X 3 1/2". 

Hey, look - it's actual size! :-)
So today I worked on a little "French Lavender Field" for the stationery.  Therefor today's stroke was a light green and lavender.  By the way - I never knew there was a Taiwanese television drama named "Lavender".  Huh.  It's probably better than any of the crap on the CW here!

I like doing these little things - Maybe I'll try to whip out another one tomorrow.  Actually, I guess I'll have to, if we're gonna get these done by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment