30 September 2010

Ocean dreamin'...

Well, it only took about 6 months or so, but I finally finished up staining and urethane-ing our closet doors today.  Shoot - I think it was pretty cold when I started them!  I can't remember!  I do know that a lot of the reason it took so dad-blamed long was the humidity!  It just took forever for the stuff to dry, so it seemed like every time I did have a little bit of time to work on them, they were still wet!

Jenny's really happy they're done, though - she was tired of looking at all the crap in the closet!  Not that the closet is that much of a mess, it's just better to have the doors on and closed.  :-)  She painted the floor of the closet a kind of light aqua blue, so with the sandy color of the carpet, it almost looks like a beach - which goes perfectly with the decor in our room.  It's just too bad we won't actually see the "water", since we'll once again have the doors closed.  Oh, well - we'll know it's there!

I think it's time to be at the beach again, really.  One of these days I'll live on the beach.  Until then, however, I will have to settle for doing the occasional aqua blue stroke on this painting.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment