27 September 2010

Move along; nothing to see here...

Okay, so I'm going to save all of you fine readers 3 hours of your life. If you haven't already, do NOT rent
"Stephen King's 'The Tommyknockers'"!  I came into it not having really high hopes, just for the simple reason that pretty much every Stephen King novel that is turned into a movie has about a 99% chance of being a big ol' ball o' suck!  I don't know what it is about Steve - he writes some really great stories, but I guess the morning they try to make said novels into movies someone eats a big bowl of "Dumbass" and the movie ends up being a steaming pile of...well, you know. 

Anyway, I should have known from the cast - the big stars are Jimmy Smits, Marg Helgenber, Traci Lords (!) and Robert Carradine (the 'head nerd' from "Revenge Of The Nerds"), that it wasn't that great of a film.  I just really wanted to believe that there was at least one Stephen King movie besides "The Shining" that was worth a crap.  I was wrong.  Very wrong.  I've actually seen better acting in "CSI:Miami", and that's really saying something - I honestly think that David Caruso is the worst actor on the face of the planet!  Seeing that show really just makes me want to punch someone, namely David Caruso!  Needless to say I think it's a really horribly acted series!  Okay, so now that I think of it, "The Tommyknockers" wasn't nearly as badly acted as Caruso's show.  Man, it that bad!

But I digress...For today's stroke, I did, however, mix a little bit of a bright green in with a bit of  Matte Medium - to see if it would give the painting just a little bit of a green tint, as opposed to having just a big ol' green swipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment