17 September 2010

Losin' sleep!

So last night I was just nervous and upset all night because I had to miss doing this blog!  I wanted so badly to be able to keep up with it, but I just could not get to a computer yesterday at all.  I did do my stroke, though, and wrote myself a few notes about stuff to talk about, so it'll be a pretty quick entry today.

We got going in the morning, and picked up the flowers (about 300 zinnias) for the wedding of one of my little sister, Erica's, best friend.  Jenny hooked the bride-to-be up with a gal that she knew so she could get a good deal, and so we brought the flowers down, and will make the centerpieces for the wedding reception.  We finally hopped on I-44 west about 12:15 pm and we were on our way. 

Ran into a little bit of traffic outside of Washington (stupid construction!) and were stuck there for a good 1/2-hour, but after that made good time.  When we got off on the Friestatt exit, and all the way down to Cassville, I saw more cattle than I think I've ever seen down through there.  I guess it's been a big cattle year!

When we got to Ma's house we unloaded and then went over to a nice little Mexican restaurant called "El Mariachi", where, coincidentally, they had an actual mariachi band playing live.  They were phenomenal!  I had so much fun just listening to them and watching them interact with the crowd.  Oh, and I want one of those bass guitars (the proper name is a "guitarron") they use, too!  The band, although not the same one in the picture I linked above, were dressed very similarly, wearing the black pants with the silver medallions or buttons or whatever up the side of the legs.  To commemorate those awesome outfits, today's stroke (actually yesterday's stroke, but you get the idea) is jet black. 

Gotta get going to the next post now - I sure hope I can get in here again tomorrow, so as not to miss another day - I don't wanna lose anymore sleep! :-) Olé!

No comments:

Post a Comment