29 September 2010

I still love ya...

Summer is gone.  Autumn is quickly fading, too, unfortunately.  All I have to say is that "HEY", I got to go to one of the last Cardinal's games this year!  WOO HOO!  A buddy of mine called me last minute to ask if I wanted to go.  I told him that was a damned silly question!  Of course I want to go to a Cards game!  I don't care if they're 15 places out of 1st place, or whether or not we're even in the play-offs, I love to see my Cardinals play! 

I am and always will be a die-hard Cardinals fan!  I think I was among the only people at the stadium that didn't care that they had just been eliminated from play-off contention, I still love the Redbirds!  I don't care if it's just the B-Team playing (which it was - the most recognizable name was Colby Rasmus!),  I cheered for every single play! 

It was kind of interesting, actually, seeing players that you wouldn't see on a regular basis.  I've been kinda wanting to see what they had other than the normal day-to-day Cardinals: your Pujols' and Molina's and Holliday's - actually, that's pretty much the only real "names" you would know.   I guess you can attribute that to MLB's system of trading everyone every season.   You can't really root for any one guy, and any one team, because next season he's gonna be with another team. 

But I digress. Today was completely about my Cardinals.  No matter if it was the Springfield Cardinals or what, it was still my Cardinals, and I will root for them until the day I die. My stroke is red and yellow, for my boys!  We've always got next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment