21 September 2010

Take a look - it's in a book...

Folks, this "not having a job" stuff has got to come to an end!  We haven't been doing anything besides looking for jobs - can't afford to do much of anything else, even just taking a drive, so there's not a whole lot to talk about!  :-)

The highlight of our day today was going to the library.  We've actually been enjoying going there, not only for books, but for movies and music.  They've got quite a selection of both that you can check out for free!  They've even got pretty much brand-spanking new movies on DVD!  Today I picked up "The 39 Steps", "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas", two Stephen King films, "The Shining" (which Jenny completely refuses to watch - she saw it way back in college and it still creeps her out!), and "The Tommyknockers", and a PBS documentary called "The Secret Files of the Inquisition".  That one is divided into 4 hour-long programs.  We watched the first one as soon as we got home, and it looks like it will be very interesting. 

I didn't pick up any books today, because I'm already in the middle of two books here.  Shoot, I don't know if I'll even have time to watch all the movies I got!  Jenny picked up a whole huge stack of cook books - I guess we'll be eating really well!  Actually, I think a majority of them that she gets there are books about baking cupcakes, cakes, and other sweets.  She uses them to give her ideas for things she can make for her "Jennydoll" creations.   She also picked up the autobiography of Natalie Cole, one of her favorite performers.

Oh, so anyway, since that was pretty much all we did today, I decided to commemorate this wondrous event with a swatch of a rainbow.  Some might call it, oh, I don't know, a "Reading Rainbow".  No?  Oh, alright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment