09 September 2010

What was the deal with the safety pin/rubberband thing Capt. Lou had going on?

Hello, and welcome to Day 3 of "Operation:Try Not To Feel Like Crap Anymore".  I'm not sure if we're winning this one just yet.  My throat's not nearly as sore, though, so I've got that goin' for me

Since I was still feeling generally pretty crap-tacular, I decided that it was the "Comfort Movie" stage of "O:TNTFLCA".  I grabbed a few DVDs and crashed on the couch in the front room.  I started out with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", which I hadn't seen in years.  I've owned it since '02, but I don't think I've watched the whole thing since my Aunt Phyllis took me to see it when it came out in 1988!  I still marvel at how amazing that movie is, and all of the technical things they were able to pull off merely using hand-drawn animation - no computers were used whatsoever!  And yes, I thought Jessica Rabbit was hot.  Not as hot as Daphne from Scooby Doo, mind you, but I digress (before I really creep anyone out). 

Next up was "The Goonies".  I was never a huge fan of this movie like some people were, but it's always been good fun.  Plus Cyndi Lauper did the theme song, with a video featuring the Iron friggin' Shiek!  C'mon, how could you not love that?

I never really realized how much of it was just unexplained, or just rushed through, just to be explained by simple exposition in the dialogue.  I can't stand that.  And they were always yelling over each other for no apparent reason.  Why did I like this movie again?  Oh, yeah.  Good, dumb fun.  Oh, and Kerri Green.  What can I say?  I have a thing for redheads.  At least she's not a cartoon! :-)

I think that's a good color for today.  Red.  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment