03 September 2010

My kinda town...

So we got up this morning about 6 a.m. so we could leave for Chi-town.  We took our time - didn't really rush, as we didn't have a schedule of any sort.  Turned onto 55 north to start the trip at exactly 8:02 a.m. and we were on our way.  We packed all sortsa snacks and drinks and stuff so we didn't really even have to stop anywhere, except a couple of rest stops just to go potty and make a sammich.  The weather was absolutely amazing, too.  A little chillier than it had been, which suited Jenny just fine, but the sky was just so blue, with a few clouds just kinda hanging out down low.  It was really windy, too, though.  I guess that's good for all of the wind farms we saw!  That was pretty cool!

We made really good time despite all the friggin' work zones (what's up with that, Illinois?  You can't do all of this crap on a weekend other than Labor Day?) until we got right into town, turning onto I-90/94, otherwise known as the Dan Ryan Expressway.  Most people call it the Damn Ryan, and for good reason.  Man, is that a mess!

Jenny had the quote of the day, when some dude just jutted over across 3 lanes in some of the heaviest traffic I've ever seen.  She just looked over at me and said,"That dude had some balls!  There's a fine line between balls and stupidity!".  :-)  We got a good little chuckle over that!

Today, in honor of the beautiful sky here in Chicago I decided to do a nice light blue with a little white in it.  I haven't gotten a pic of it yet, because I'm over at Jo Beth's house writing this out - I promise you I'll get a pic soon, though!  No, really! :-)  Update: Yup, finally got that pic up today (Monday, 9-6).  That computer up there just wasn't working right for me, but I've got it all under control now!  Now back to your regularly scheduled reading.)

Now it's time to go see the town a little bit.  I'm gonna hang out with the soon-to-be brother-in-law (man, that's a lot of dashes!) and then we're going back to the house for some dinner.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment