06 September 2010

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind...

Holy cats, folks, I'm absolutely plum tuckered!  We got up this morning after doing the whole reception thing last night, feeling a little rough - little scratchy throat going on, which hasn't subsided.  We drove down Addison St. to take some pics of Wrigley Field, but we weren't going to pay $30 to park just for a second to take some derned pictures, so we just slowed down a little bit and took some out the window.  We headed down Lake Shore Drive, shooting as we went, but we didn't stop downtown.  We just kept on driving and hit I-55 south and headed on home.

When we pulled in, around 3:45, we were both just drained.  We dragged everything into the house and then just crashed on the couch (at least I did - Jenny loaded up a buncha pics from the trip up onto Facebook).

It was a really great trip, and I'm so happy for Robert and Jo Beth!  Next time Jenny and I go up there, though, we're gonna make sure to have nothing on the calendar so we can just strictly see the sights!

Something I don't ever remember seeing while making that trip before is the big ol' windmill farms in between Springfield and, say, Bloomington/Normal.  Just huge fields of these big white windmills!  That's what today's stroke is about.  Yeah, it looks a little bit like a "schwa".  That's okay.  "Schwa"s are underappreciated in my opinion, and they don't get the attention they truly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment