07 September 2010

They fight and bite, and fight and fight and bite...

So here's a quickie for ya.  I've done nothing but lay around sucking on Chloraseptic sore throat drops and watching the 8th season of "Cheers" (probably my favorite show of all time - maybe even surpassing "The Simpsons").  Like I said yesterday I developed a bit of a scratchy throat, and I really wasn't sure what was going on with it - whether it was just allergies, or being run down, or what.  Today, however, it's just attacked me full on. 

Right now I just feel like I've been hit by a truck: head hurts, chest feels like there's all sortsa crap in it, throat is just absolutely raw, and has apparently gotten it's license to become a mucus factory.  Great.  I'm supposed to help out at the Clayton Arts Fair this weekend (which I'm really looking forward to!), but if I don't feel any better by tomorrow, I don't wanna give this crap to anyone else!  Stuff like this usually sticks with me for several days. 

Anyway, tonight's stroke represents a couple of things.  I picked the deep Alizarin Crimson because that's the color of the main part of a painting I'm doing for my sister, Katie.  I'm not really sure why I picked the white.  Maybe I'm getting delirious.  Where the two meet, though - the kind of deep pink/red is what I imagine my throat's looking like right about now. 

And now I will take my leave.  Beddy-bye is calling.  So is Benadryl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment