19 September 2010

Hey little sister, look what you've done...

So it's Sunday, and I'm finally back!  As you can see I didn't get to use a computer anywhere yesterday.  We were just way too busy working on Stephanie's wedding reception to do much of anything else.  Actually, Jenny did most of the work, I was just along to help any way I could. 

We got to the lodge around 1:15 and started putting all of the centerpieces together and making sure everything else was where it was supposed to be.  The guests started trickling in around 3:30, and we were off to the races. 

The reception dinner was barbecue!  How awesome is that?  I don't recall the name of the caterer (the gal may not have even told me, come to think of it), but whoever it was just won "Best Barbecue" at this year's Memphis In May festival.  Man, was it good, too!

A little while later, the Dock Ellis Band from St. Louis, who's lead guitarist is Stephanie's cousin, Justin, showed up and started setting up their equipment on the deck outside.  A few minutes after setting up, we looked down at Beaver Lake (the lodge is situated on the highest point in NW Arkansas) and saw that there was a line of rain swiftly coming right for us, so we then grabbed all of the equipment and moved it inside, where they commenced to twangin'.   Ironically, the rain switched directions about a quarter-mile out and we never got a drop. 

Anyway, Steph, of course, looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress, which prompted me to make yesterday's stroke a white one.   I chose white over the red, which would have represented the groom's cake, an Arkansas Razorback with a ball and chain.  Hilarious!

I don't think Jenny and I are ready to take any more trips for quite a while.  We're going to get used to being at home again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment