01 October 2010

Froggy went a-paintin'...

Man, am I worn out this evening!  We got up early this morning and went out to help Jenny's dad set his new house up - cleaning and painting and stuff.  We got there (after dropping off some cupcakes to a "Jennydoll" customer) about 10:00 a.m. and started to work immediately.  Moved in a bunch of supplies, then started taping up the trim.  That really takes the most time - it didn't really seem to take that much time at all to do the actual painting in the master bedroom.

After the bedroom, I knew it was getting later, and there wouldn't be that much daylight left, so I just started taping up the rest of the house, so I could just go in tomorrow morning and start busting all the painting out.  Gotta make some good time because the "Red River Rivalry" (the annual Oklahoma-Texas football game) is on at 2:30, and you know I've got to be able to watch that!  Even if I'm not finished painting, though, it's okay - he's got the cable company coming out in the morning, and he's got a big ol' friggin' TV, so it'll almost be like being at the game!

Anyway, since I pretty much taped up walls today, I decided to paint a stroke in the color of the tape we used.  It's a new product called "Frog Tape" - it's green tape, and it supposedly doesn't let any paint bleed under it like some of the old blue stuff did.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow when we paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment