11 October 2010

A room with a view...of the street, maybe a couple of neighborhood kids, I dunno...

Today marks the end of an era: the "no closet doors" era.  That's right, I finally - finally got 'em put up!  The room actually looks like a finished room for the first time in 6 years!  We had to go to Lowe's and pay $5 for a friggin' pack of spare parts just to get one particular screw to replace one we somehow lost, but we did it!

Because of the decor (the aqua-ish blues, tropical flower paintings, etc.), the room kinda looks a bit like one of those cabanas you would see on vacation in the tropics somewhere.  We joked about renting the room out to people - maybe putting some sand and a kiddie pool out back! :-)   I guess if we ever finished off the loft part of our barn outside (which wouldn't be that hard to do, really - just takes $$$ that we ain't got!) we could rent out the whole house on weekends, or whenever, like that dude up in Chicago does with the house in which we stayed for Bethy's wedding.  Lord knows we could use the extra cash!  I don't know how many people would wanna stay in Affton, as opposed to downtown, or at least closer to the highway, though.

Doesn't matter.  Probably ain't happening, anyway.  As much as I'd love to finish that loft area, chances are this ain't gonna be the house we live in for the rest of our lives, and I don't know if I want to go through all that work just to move away.  Of course, I guess if you look at it that way, that's exactly what we're doing to the main house, with all the little improvement projects we've done over the years - [hopefully] making the house that much more attractive to buyers. 

Anyway, I thought about doing a brown-ish, kinda pecan color today, but I just really don't like brown all that much.  Too drab.  Instead, I thought I'd do some cheerier colors: a couple of tropical blues and a magenta (there's a little magenta umbrella hanging in the bathroom - looks like a giant drink umbrella!) to go with our cheery resort cabana-style bedroom.  And hey - if you want to stay here, just gimme a holler - it ain't exactly the Ritz, but we've got reasonable rates!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment