29 October 2010

"You gotta rawk?" No, I got a rock...

Well, kiddies, there are only 2 days left until Halloween!  Have you got your costumes ready?  I figured I'd just go as a fat, graying dude in an OU sweatshirt again this year.  It's served me pretty well in the past. 

Halloween is also the start of the holiday season in general, and that means lots of specials on the teevee.  I know there are a whole bunch of new things on, which I don't really care too much about ("Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Spectacular ", I'm looking in your direction!), but they always break out the classics, like "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Frosty The Snowman". 

Halloween has it's share of specials, too, such as "Scared Shrekless", which is new this year.  Then there are the Simpson's "Treehouse Of Horror" episodes every year - those are some of the funniest episodes ever!  Definitely some of my favorites of what I consider my second favorite show of all time (second only to "Cheers").  By the way, I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to Dan Castellenata, the very funny man responsible for the voice of Homer Simpson.  Happy Birthday, Dan!

The penultimate Halloween special, of course, is "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".  It just doesn't get any better than Lucy showing how to draw a scary face on a pumpkin - on the back of Charlie Brown's head, Snoopy flying around in his "Sopwith Camel", Charlie Brown only getting rocks in his candy sack, and, of course, Sally yelling at Linus for ruining her Halloween by convincing her that the Great Pumpkin would rise up from the pumpkin patch giving them all sorts of goodies.  Of course he didn't. 

I went back to green tonight - kind of a yellowish-green, for Lucy Van Pelt's witch mask.  I'm gonna have to try to find that show online here to watch again - haven't seen it in so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment