20 October 2010

The ONLY time being a Bully is good...

Yesterday before we went out to Jenny's mom's house for dinner and haircuts, Jenny made spaghetti.  Jenny makes really great spaghetti.  Her mom made an amazing beef roast, which we promptly stuffed ourselves with.  We would have also stuffed some of Jenny's spaghetti in there, but as we headed down the hill on Elm towards I-44, we realized that we had forgotten the friggin' spaghetti!

We figured that was okay, though, because we hadn't really seen her brother and sister-in-law in quite a while, so this would be the perfect opportunity to have them over for dinner.  So, that's what we did.  They came over this evening, and we had quite the spread with Jenny's pasta, plus her famous green beans, and a great Ceasar Salad that Kari made. 

So, for the second night in a row, we stuffed ourselves silly, then had a nice relaxing evening just chatting and watching a bit of the National League Championship Series, game 4, between the San Fransisco Giants and the Philadelphia Phillies.  Now a lot of people really don't watch baseball after their team is eliminated from the playoffs, but I don't get to watch that much baseball during the season, and I just love the game, so I watch when I can!  This is one heck of a game, here!  They've gone back and forth from inning to inning - one team will score a couple, then the other.  Man, do I love baseball!

Anyway, Jim and Kari brought over a 12-bottle-variety pack of Boulevard Beers from the microbrewery of the same name in Kansas City.  They're all in brown bottles, and a few of the beers themselves (especially the Bully Porter) are dark brown, so that's what inspired this evening's stroke of Burnt Umber.

By the way, as a side note, I'm going to be away the next couple of days, and I may or may not be able to get to a computer.  I'll have the canvas and paints with me, though, so at the very least I'll make my stroke, take a picture and take some notes, then play catch-up on Sunday.  Hopefully I can get to a computer, though, and we won't have to worry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment