26 October 2010

What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a-goin' on here?

If there was ever a day that flew by, it was today!  I got up a little later than usual.  Jenny and I lost track of time after the football game last night and didn't get in bed until about the time when they used to play the National Anthem, back when stations actually signed off for the night!

As I laid there, I remembered that J.C. Corcoran was returning to the airwaves today, and I really wanted to hear the first minutes - see what he had to say about his whole show on the other channel being cut with no warning last year.

He's been here in St. Louis, on just about every single station on the dial at one time or another, for about 26 years.  I didn't listen to him until just a few years ago, just because I simply didn't listen to morning radio, with the occasional exception being when Howard Stern was on here in town.   Well, I guess back in the day I would listen to Steve and D.C., but man, in retrospect, those shows were absolutely horrendous!

I've really liked his style of delivery, and the fact that he seems genuinely, well, genuine.  He doesn't sound processed, plastic, and watered down like a majority of the crap you hear on talk radio.  Sure he has his tirades and talks about a lot of the same things over and over, but hell, so do I!  I blame Anhueser-Busch, personally.  :-)  Anyway, he's still light years ahead of the stupid-ass "Bob and Tom Show", that originates out of Indianapolis, and is syndicated nationwide, including our beloved KSHE 95 here in the Lou. 

Anyway, got the bedroom all straightened up, bed made, etc., then came down to start looking for jobs again on the ol' internet.  Jenny took off for a while to have her car looked at (had one of those "Check Engine" lights on - it was just to get her to go in to get an oil change!  The car is fine - even the dude at the shop said so!)Gah!  What is it with these greedy jerks?).  When she got back, I really had no idea that it had been literally hours!  My whole day was pretty much wasted in front of this screen!

We did finally get out of the house to run an errand or two, and now it's time to go to friggin' band practice! Zoooom, I tell ya!  It's going by faster and faster every day!

Today I decided to do some more orange and yellow for the massive amounts of leaves on our lawn!  You know, the very same lawn from which I spent all that time yesterday picking up leaves?  Yeah, it rained like the devil last night, and now I have a fresh new batch!  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment