05 October 2010

Hoo-ray for Katiewood!

Well, my little sister, Katie got to do something that a lot of us will only dream of:  she landed (read: won in an auction) a bit part on the teevee show "The Mentalist"!  How cool is that?  I'll let everyone know when the actual episode is going to be on.  I believe she got to play an auctioneer at an upscale auction house.  Don't know what kind of crazy antics ol' Patrick Jane will get into on that particular episode, but I know I'll be glued to the TV!  Shoot, maybe we'll even have to try to get it on DVD when that comes out!

I would have been happy just with a week out in Los Angeles, but that is awesome!  She made a heckuva week out of it, too.  She went out with a friend of hers from Grove,OK, where they live, and they stayed in some little run-down shack down by the slums.  I'm sure they went around through some of the rummage sales and I'm pretty sure one of them bought a saddle - said they were going to some sort of rodeo

After her long, grueling day of shooting the episode (apparently she had to get up at 2:30 a.m.!) the hard work was done, and they spent some well deserved vacation time by the pool.  They also took a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway - one of the things I really enjoyed doing when I was out there a few years ago.  I hope they went a little later in the day than we did, though - there's always a haze that makes the sky (and everything else) look grey until after noon.  It really is a gorgeous drive, though.  You can take it all the way up to San Fransisco, but the furthest we got was Oxnard.  Yeah, it was just that exciting.  :-)

Anyway, I'm so glad my leetle seester got to go have this great adventure!  I'm also green with envy!  Hey, let's make that the stroke of the day!   I'll just tell everyone it's green for the PCH road signs!  They'll never know the difference!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment