10 October 2010

The maple's want more sunlight and the oaks ignore their pleas...

So today was about relaxing and just painting a little bit (not the walls - had enough of that lately!).  When we were over at Jenny's friend Anne's house yesterday for her little boy's 1st birthday, Anne reminded me that she would love it if I would paint a picture of this single tree that lives off in the distance below her house.  It's a really cool old tree, just off all by itself.  I'm really looking forward to painting it - just have to figure out exactly what I want to do with it, how big to do it, etc.

In the mean time I wanted to practice up a little bit, so I did a couple of small (2 1/2" X 3 1/2") tree paintings.  These trees really didn't take too long - about a half-hour a piece, really, if that.  They probably wouldn't have taken quite that long, but I was busy watching the Rams lose to Detroit (Really, Rams?  Detroit?  Really?)

Anyway, I just liked the greens I was mixing up for these pics, so I figured I'd just do a quick swatch of that today.  Today's stroke is for Geddy Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment