19 October 2010

*HACK*, *COUGH*, *WHEEEEEEZ!*...

So Jenny and I worked outside again today.  She washed off the siding on the house (which showed us that I need to do a lot more caulking, unfortunately) and I played the first game of the "Pick-Up-All-The-Leaves-Including-The-Ones-Blown-In-From-The-Neighbor's-Yard" season.   It's not really that long a season, but boy are there a lot of games to be played!  I suspect I'll probably be playing what amounts to a double header in a few more days!

I really wouldn't mind it all that much, except for when I run over them with the lawnmower, our yard is so dry and sparse in places that I blow 10 tons of dirt, mold, dust, and every other allergen known to man everywhere!  I'm sure I'll be blowin' that crap out for days again!  :-)

I'm just glad I got it all done and don't have to worry about it for a few days.  I think it's supposed to rain some over the weekend up here, so maybe that'll cut down on some of the dust.  Of course that'll make everything heavier, and take twice as long to mow, though, too.  Crap.  Maybe what I'll do is just to leave all the leaves (get it? :-P) on the ground, killing all the grass, and then just pave over everything with asphalt.  Yeah, that sounds like a plan!  With all the time and gas I'll save by not mowing, the paving will pay for itself in no time!   I'll even paint it green, and it'll look like we have the best manicured lawn EVER! :-)

Yup, I think it's time for a little swipe of black, since I don't guess I'll be able to afford actual asphalt any time soon!  Maybe someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment