17 October 2010

The Sausage King of Chicago...

I woke up this morning at exactly 6:13 a.m. with two words in my mind: Abe Froman.  Today was the big Sausage Dinner out at St. Paul's Lutheran Church way out Highway 109, in New Melle, MO, and, as you may or not know, Abe Froman is the  Sausage King of Chicago.   Jenny and I look forward to this dinner every year - we just love this sausage, and I especially love it with all the mashy taters and green beans and - ooh, the sauerkraut!  I love that stuff!

Directly after that, though, I had to race off to another gig - another in the big "weekend o' music".  I've been constantly on the run!  It's kind of reminded me of a Beastie Boys song!  I mean it hasn't been like my buddy Aaron's weekend a while back where he had 5 gigs in one weekend, but I've still been on the go for quite a while!  I'm just getting back into this after a long time - Aaron's lucky to have his lips intact!  He's the trombonist for the Funky Butt Brass Band.  Those guys are constantly working!   Like I've said before, I'd love to play music for a living, but for right now I think I'll have to kinda work into it!  This weekend has been quite a bit of work, but if I'm doing it all the time, I'm sure I'd get used to it!

I had a good time today, though, just playing a little bass.  We only had two practices, but I think it still sounded pretty good - the crowd seemed to really enjoy it, and that's all that really cares, ya know?  It was, however, very hot - for a mid-October day.  It was in the high-70s, and sunny as all get-out!  While I was playing, I was just standing there in the sun, dripping in sweat! 

The sun is what I based my stroke on tonight - bright, bright yellow and white!  My arm is almost sore from keeping it raised above my head, blocking the sun, for a good couple of hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment