14 October 2010

Random thoughts are random...

Holy cow, totally lost track of the time!  I honestly had no idea what time it was, then looked up at the clock, and here it is about 15 minutes before I have to be at practice over at the church for the Boiler Room this weekend.  The Boiler Room is about 2 hours of nothing but praise and worship songs, Rooftop style - with the full horn section and everything!  We always have a blast doing it, but it takes cramming a whole lotta practice into not a whole lotta time!  We'll practice for a few hours this evening, and then have another practice a few hours before showtime on Saturday just as a refresher.

Most of the songs I know, but there is one brand new one that Jason wrote just for this show, so I've got it on repeat right now hoping it'll sink in in the next 10 minutes!  :-)  He did all the drum parts on a drum machine - I hope he doesn't want me to duplicate some of the fancy stuff he's done on there!  I'll probably just wing it - it'll still sound great, especially with the "Rooftooters" (the horn section).

Anyway, tonight's stroke has absolutely nothing to do with anything I just wrote about - I just happened to have some money left over on my Dick Blick gift card the other day, so Jenny and I went in to look around, and they had this amazing color called "Bright Aqua Green", so I had to have it.  Therefor "Bright Aqua Green" is what we've got here tonight!  It really is a great color - I'll have to do some sort of a tropical beach scene with it sometime soon.  It'll be getting cold soon, and I'll be jonesing for the beach, so that can be my inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment