28 October 2010

A little Tim Allen and some Benicio del Toro...

So today, as promised, I continued the big home improvement trend, doing the caulking in the back room.  I actually learned that if you push the tube in front of you, as opposed to pulling it, the tube actually does a lot of the work for you, and you don't waste near the amount of caulk as you would otherwise.  Silly me.  I remember seeing that on a "how-to" page on the internet a while back, but for some reason I just thought that would be more of a mess - like it would just push the caulk out of the crevice, making for twice the work. 

This turned out to be quite a revelation, and I got done probably in half the time, and it looks friggin' great to boot!  Tomorrow we'll (hopefully) finish up this little project - gotta take all the furniture out so we can put in a new piece of carpet that we got from Jenny's dad when he moved into his new house.

We did do a little runnin' this morning, though - had to go to Lowes to get some different caulk, and we also went to the library.  Jenny had a couple of books that she had requested, and they were in.  I wanted to check out the movie selection, because it's SCARY MOVIE TIME!!!

I know it's cliche to watch horror movies around this time, but I've just really been in the mood the last couple of days.  I actually like them year-round, but right about now is when I really like the ghosty-gobliny stuff.  Right now I'm not so much into the hacker/slasher/kill-all-the-promiscuous-kids-at-the-summer-camp kinda stuff, although I do enjoy those from time to time.  Right now I want to be genuinely creeped out by something unexpected.  The last one to do that was "The Strangers".  That one scared the pee-woddin' outta me!  I think it was probably the fact that something like that actually could happen - in fact it claims that it was based on actual events.  Whether or not that's true, the fact remains that it could happen, and after I watched that movie I just about had to change my drawers! :-)

I've actually got "Nosferatu" on my waiting list, but it hasn't come in yet.  I'm excited to see that one - so many people still rave at how creepy of a movie it is, especially for the time in which it came out - 1922!  What I did come home with, though (which hopefully won't suck) was "The Wolfman" and "Drag Me To Hell" (the latter of which looks like it'll be cheezy, but probably dumb fun).  I really didn't see much else that grabbed my attention - of course I'm sure the majority of scary movies are probably all checked out right now by people who are also into being cliche! :-)

I figured that tonight I'd try something a little different - just didn't really turn out like I thought it would.  I put a little squirt of raw umber down there and tried to drag it side to side while I dragged the knife upward.  I forgot how much texture is on the canvas, though, and so my "wolfman" doesn't look like I had hoped.  Hopefully the movie itself fares better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment