26 October 2010

Save The Clocktower!

Well, apparently we had some hellacious storms last night, but both Jenny and I slept through them.  The winds were apparently strong enough that it blew down a wall on a building down on the south side of the City here.  The only thing it did to us was to make more leaves fall, forcing us to spend even more time out there this morning picking the damned things up.  Again. 

The storms coincided, though, with a very important date:  today, October 26, 2010 is the 25th anniversary of the fictional date on which "Back To The Future" took place.  As you know, "BTTF" is one of, if not my favorite movies of all time.  I have lost track of how many times I've seen it.  I remember about 10 years ago being so excited when they finally put the entire trilogy out on DVD!  Now, I guess to also coincide with the anniversary of that famous fictional date, Universal Studios has released the appropriately named "Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy", containing original footage shot with Eric Stolz as Marty McFly, before they canned him and got Michael J. Fox.  I hate when they come out with new versions of films I already own with new extra crap on it!  I'm not buying that again - sorry, Amazon!


Thinking about all this BTTF stuff (and the fact that I heard it on the radio this morning) reminded me of a little comedic song by Thomas F. Wilson, who played Biff Tannen in the BTTF movies.   He said he got tired of everyone recognizing him and only asking him questions about that particular movie, and it's crew, so he just wrote a song about it.  


I did a yellow stroke tonight, for the streaks of fire that go through the legs of Marty and Doc when the Delorean first takes off.  I may have to watch the movie again!  G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment