16 October 2010

Lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong day!

Man, I've played a lot of music today!  I started out practicing for a couple of hours with a young gal named LisaMarie that I'm playing bass with tomorrow.  We're playing as part of a music festival that's going to be over at the TGI Friday's over at Ronnie's Plaza (2 p.m., if you're interested in coming out!).  I think it'll go okay - we sounded pretty good today, for only having two practices and learning a 45-minute set of original stuff that I'd never heard before!

After that, I came home and changed (clothes, not personalities), watched the Arkansas Razorbacks football team completely collapse in about 5 minutes (one fumble, two interceptions literally in a matter of a couple of minutes, all 3 turnovers leading to touchdowns by Auburn).  They lost 65-43!  Wow!  That's high enough to be a friggin' basketball score!

Anyway, I could only watch that for a few minutes - and not just because I was upset about Arkansas opening up a big ol' can of "suck" - I had to get on up to the church for Boiler Room practice.  That was a couple of hours, then we had the actual Boiler Room "show" from 7 to a little after 9.  Now I'm absolutely beat!  What a long day!   I love it, though, no matter how tired and sore I get!  I just love playing music!  Maybe one of these days I might get to play music for a living - wouldn't that be swell (sorry to use such  an outdated word - it was kind of a tribute to Barbara Billingsley - "June Cleaver" from "Leave It To Beaver", and star of one of the funniest scenes in "Airplane" (one of my favorite movies ever, and one chock full of funny scenes!)

My stroke today is, in fact, an homage to another role Mrs. Billingsley played: "Nanny" on "Muppet Babies".  It's green (yes, again - hey, I am working toward something, believe it or not - plus, there have just been lots of things that have reminded me of green lately :-) ) for her green and white leggings.  RIP, Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment