02 October 2010

Sympathizing with Daniel-san...

Whew!  Man, I tell you what, I'm getting too old for this work crap!  After day two of helping Jim paint his new house, I'm sore as hell!  Up the ladder, down the ladder, stretching up, bending down, crouching tiger, hidden dragon, etc.

I used to hate painting with every fiber of my being, but any more I really don't mind it - in fact it's a bit therapeutic.  I had most everything taped yesterday, so I just went in today and started slinging paint.  The biggest hurdle we had to jump today (besides the cable guy, which is just a whole other asinine story) was moving the big-ass TV and entertainment away from the wall - that took quite a while.  After that it was pretty much smooth sailing.  Plus I got to watch my Sooners beat up on the stupid Longhorns!  Woo Hoo!  That made me so very happy!

Anyway, it's late now, and Jenny and I are just beat - and we're getting up early in the morning to go to the annual Best Of Missouri Market at the Missouri Botanical Gardens before we go back for more painting!  Today's stroke is some Unbleached Titanium, which is roughly the color I was using today.  All day.

No comments:

Post a Comment