29 May 2010

Protect your chicken from Dokken...

Ya ever have one of those days when you start out thinking you're going to do one thing and end up doing something completely different?  Yeah, that was my day.  I woke up and played some hide and seek with my niece, Atala.  Then we went upstairs and did some coloring in one of her Barbie coloring books.  Got to use her Crayola Glitter Crayons™, which was pretty cool - we didn't have anything fancy like that when I was growing up!  :-)  After we all took a little trip to the St. Louis Library, Jenny and I dropped Ma and Atala off at my sister Erica's house, and came home.

I had originally planned on going on down to the Rib America Festival downtown to see some music, but ended up running some errands, grabbing some new clothes, and watching the baseball game at home - figured it would save money!

A band I know from Chicago, The Steepwater Band was playing early, then a bunch of 80s hair metal bands were gonna play: Jackyl, most known for their ridiculous blues-rock number "The Lumberjack", during which the lead singer "plays" a chainsaw solo, L.A. Guns, who are kind of a raunchy-bluesy rock band from the Sunset Strip in Hollywood (an offshoot of Guns and Roses).  Next was Dokken, which was one of my favorite bands back in high school - I was definitely "Rokken with Dokken"!  They had a few minor hits, including the theme song to A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, cleverly titled "Dream Warriors".

Finishing up the night was the Attention Whore Of The Month, Bret Michaels.  Yes, I know he's been in the hospital, etc.  I do, however, question how bad he really was, since he's already back out on tour, despite warnings from his doctor.  Of course, this all could have (to a certain extent) been a major PR move on his part to A) help him win The Donald's Super-Has-Been-Apprentice thing, and B) sell tickets to what was probably only a half-way-decent selling tour.  I have nothing more to say about him. I will now step down from my soapbox. :-)

Anyway, tonight's yellow and black stroke was inspired by the only band I really wanted to see tonight, Dokken, stars of probably the funniest commercial for anti-virus software ever.  BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment