01 May 2010

Hello, everybodeee!

So don't ask me why, but for some reason today on the way home from work I started thinking about children's television shows, and the different things that make kids happy - I think I just saw a few kids playing in a yard or something - and I immediately started thinking about the PBS shows like Mr. Rogers, Electric Company, and, of course, the incomparable Sesame Street.

Do you remember some of the more obscure kids shows like The Letter People or The Great Space Coaster?  Actually, I never saw the Great Space Coaster at home - guess the coaster track never made it to southwest Missouri - I only saw it at my Aunt Phyllis' house in Pittsburgh,PA on Channel 53 (I'm pretty sure it was just an independent TV station at the time; I believe the tag line was "TV Fifty-three, we're something to see").

Anyway, the show I think of first when I think of kids' shows is Sesame Street, and when I think of Sesame Street, my favorite character is not Big Bird or Snuffie, but Grover!  I love Grover!  I remember wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay back in the day when I was little we had a book called The Monster At The End Of This Book, and I just absolutely loved it!  He was just so out there and hilarious, but also very "cuddly and adorable"!

So, today's stroke is inspired by Super Grover - just a nice blue swirling around a bit until he crashes off the page.  I think Jim Henson would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment