09 May 2010

Love ya, Ma!

So Happy Mother's Day, all you mothers!  We had a pretty good day all around - went to church with Jenny's mom out in the county, then came home and got ready for her brother's big "Mother's Day Pork Steak Extravaganza"!  Man, was there some good eatin' over there!  He had two kinds of chicken wings for appetizers: teriyaki and Jamaican Jerk.  Love it!  Aside from that, we had Jenny's famous fruit dip with strawberries, pineapple and bananas, some really awesome deviled eggs, and, of course the pork steaks and some of the biggest bratwursts I've ever seen in my life!  They had to be 15" long!

So we feasted on all of that (I'm still full!) and watched the Cards wallup the Pirates.  I also got to play with our little cousin, Sweet Pea, who was also there.  We played hide and seek, threw the frisbee around, and then I taught her how to hit the wiffle ball!  She was an absolute natural at it!  We may have to start thinking about college scholarships already, I'm tellin' ya!

Well, tonight's stroke, though, really has nothing to do with any of that.  I was looking at the piece this morning, and I took off my glasses to clean them.  When I did that I looked at the pic and could swear I saw Janice from the Electric Mayhem on the Muppet Show!  So, I decided then and there to keep my glasses off and to put a little light-orange nose on her!  So there ya have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment