17 May 2010

Cards 'n' ice cream 'n' smelly thangs...

Well I tell you what, I'm in a pretty darned good mood today, despite the fact that it's still grey and narsty outside!  My brother-in-law, Jimmy, is taking Jenny, their mom, Carla, and me to the Cards game tonight!  Hopefully the rain will hold off, like weather.com says!

It was a pretty good day at work, too - everyone kind of left me alone, and I got to get stuff done.  Then one of the guys I work with, who's been out for almost a year because his kidneys pretty much shut down came in to say "hi" and told me he's going under the knife in October - they've found a donor!  That's awesome!  They really thought it'd be a couple of years before they found anyone, but a co-worker of his wife happened to be a match and wanted to donate!  He's been doing dialysis 3 times a week since he went into the hospital.  Turns out that all of his life he'd been living on one kidney, and then the one that was working was only functioning at about 5%!  I'm so glad he got this - you can tell just by looking at him he's got a new lease on life.

Well, like they say, life is short - better stop to smell the roses, live life to it's fullest, eat more ice cream, hug everyone ya love, all that  kinda good stuff!  Mmmmmm, ice cream!  Oh - speaking of which, that's what I based my stroke on today.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment